57 Marcus Garvey Blvd, Brooklyn, NY
The Atrium at Sumner is a new construction project of 100% affordable housing for older adults located in the NYCHA Sumner Houses development. Selfhelp is partnering with RiseBoro Community Partnership, Urban Builders Collaborative, and Lettire Construction on this development. The building, which is designed by Daniel Libeskind, will have approximately 190 affordable units and will host a community facility which is open to the entire Sumner complex.
The project includes:
- 190 new deeply affordable homes for older adults
- 100% of apartments reserved for low-income older adults (age 62+)
- 25% of NYC Housing Lottery units for current NYCHA residents
- Set-asides for mobility/visually/hearing impaired and unhoused folks
- Wellness programs and social services for residents
- A Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) Center
- Energy-efficient design by world-class architect Studio Libeskind
- An indoor atrium featuring accessible green space for residents
Now Leasing! Visit Housing Connect to apply!
Neighborhood: Bedford Stuyvesant, Brooklyn
Number of Units: 190
Status: Now Leasing! Visit https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/ to apply