Selfhelp’s three Case Management Programs tailor services to your specific needs, improving your quality of life and enabling you to live independently in your own home.
- Our Queens North Case Management Program, funded by the New York City Department for the Aging (DFTA), assists people over the age of 60 who live in Queens Community District 7.
- Project Pilot, funded by DFTA, assists people over the age of 60 who live in Manhattan Community Districts 4 and 7.
- Selfhelp’s Kensington Senior Aid Program, funded by the UJA-Federation of New York, provides comprehensive case management to seniors living in Brooklyn, other than Bensonhurst or Canarsie. Selfhelp’s New York State Refugee Resettlement Assistance Program (NYSRRAP) Program located in Kensington is funded by the Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) and provides comprehensive case management to refugees and asylees living in the five boroughs regardless of their age.
Although services vary by program, Selfhelp’s Case Management Programs provide the following:
- Assessment and referral for personal care, housekeeping and Meals-on-Wheels
- Screening for all entitlements and benefits such as Food Stamps, Medicaid and Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE)
- Application assistance
You can walk in for assistance or call for an appointment.